< Back to CAREERS
We are seeking an experienced Project Manager. (PM) is responsible for providing leadership, planning, organization, direction and control of assigned project(s) to meet the operational goals of Weidner Construction Services and fulfill the Duties while meeting the Expectations defined for this position. The PM must embody WCS’s commitment to safety, quality, and integrity while efficiently managing and executing the project in accordance with budget and schedule goals. The PM serves as WCS’s project representative in relations with clients, designers, subcontractors, and vendors. This position reports to the Director of Operations.
Estimator’s Duties & Responsibilities to include:
1. Participate in the Pre-construction process (where applicable) identifying sources, performing and coordinating estimates, developing schedules, completing evaluations, identifying VE opportunities, participating in constructability reviews, and insuring fulfillment of all preconstruction tasks and responsibilities to which WCS has committed.
2. Estimate and/or participate in estimating project (where applicable) coordinating with the estimating department, soliciting suppliers/subcontractors, obtaining proper coverage, performing takeoffs, compiling the estimate, reviewing with management, and preparing bids.
3. Prepare agenda, schedule and lead Turnover Meeting and maintain and distribute meeting minutes.
4. Work with Superintendent to establish baseline schedule, perform periodic updates (weekly) and distribute schedule to project participants.
5. Prepare and maintain project directory.
6. Maintain client communication and satisfaction in a timely manner.
7. Manage Request for Information (RFI) process generating RFI’s, expediting responses and distributing to affected parties.
8. Manage Submittal process expediting and reviewing submittals, expediting consultant reviews, and distributing to affected parties.
9. Maintain document log and distribute updates and changes.
10. Insure maintenance of as-built documents.
11. Assist in obtaining prime contract documentation (insurance, bonds, etc.), reviewing contract for
conformance with bid documents, and distributing executed contract to appropriate parties.
12. Utilize estimate to establish budgets (Job Cost Breakdown) and Schedule Of Values. Manage and update the budget (Cost Forecast).
13. Prepare invoices (monthly), obtain approval, expedite approval/payment, and monitor status and cash flow.
14. Identify Owner initiated changes, provide appropriate notification(s), distribute to affected parties, estimate
impacts, prepare change requests, negotiate pricing, prepare change orders, and expedite resolution.
15. Solicit additional bids (if applicable), create, and issue subcontracts and purchase orders and distribute to affected parties.
16. Schedule and lead scope re-View meetings with potential subcontractors, maintaining and distributing meeting minutes.
17. Schedule and lead subcontractor job conferences, maintaining and distributing meeting minutes.
18. Review, with the assistance of the Superintendent, subcontractor and supplier invoices and billings insuring compliance with all corporate and project requirements. Approve and code invoices and COMMUNICA IE with Accounts Payable. Monitor outstanding invoices to insure prompt payment.
19. Review subcontractor and supplier change requests, negotiate settlements, incorporate into change requests
to the Owner, generate change orders (Commitment Change Orders), and distribute to affected parties.
20. Expedite, review, and assemble closeout documentation including Warranties and O&M data for TIMELY submittal of O&M Manuals.
21. Participate in preparation of punchlist (Pre-Architect Punchlist) and distribute to affected parties.
22. Finalize change orders, payment applications, and other documentation in order to close out the project in a timely fashion. Generate Historical Cost Report. Schedule and lead Autopsy Meeting. Document lessons learned for future use.
23. Other roles and duties as assigned by supervisor.
24. Participate in supervision, training, development, and mentoring of assigned Project Engineers and Project Assistants.
The above list is not intended to be all-inclusive, and the person filling this role may be requested to assist with other Weidner Construction Services projects, tasks or functions.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Successful completion of the project. The PM has the ultimate oversight and accountability for the project performance.
- Adherence to all safety requirements (in conjunction with the Superintendent) and the safe completion of the project by ALL associated with the project.
- Fulfillment of all contract requirements (in conjunction with the Superintendent) and that the Client is provided with a quality project.
- WCS’s financial performance goals are met and/or exceeded.
- The contract schedule is met and/or exceeded.
- Compliance with the Project Management Manual as well as other procedures and directions.
- Effective communication at the highest level with supervisor(s), Superintendent, accounting, and other WCS individuals.
- Effective communication at the highest level with Client(s), designers, subcontractors, suppliers, and other external individuals.